Monday, May 9, 2011

Grub–Not your ordinary Grub!

Most people probably have a ill reflection on the Mount Pleasant Region. The industrial like main street and the close proximity to hasting probably gives off the wrong impression. Well at least I did. Grub Restaurant kinda falls under this category. Grub is usually used to described pub food, therefore there really is not a fine execution feeling to it. For some reason, I always think of the word as a negative feeling.  However, one night as I finished dinner at sawadee and happily walked toward my car. This little hide away caught my attention.  A very obscured room with two black board on the wall. Beef/Pork/Lam/Fish…ha cute!
 
DSC_0431
As I did some research online on this restaurant, I realized this is one of those restaurant that withheld the neighborhood kitchen concept, very similar to a restaurant I have been to in Seattle. I called this the home style contemporary.  I can never resist this kind of restaurant.  As I am buried in the MBA application I have decided to give this interesting dark room an try. As I arrived the restaurant at 7pm, I saw the dinning room is completely empty.  I was in shock and scared of my choice. Unsettling, I walked into the restaurant and ask for a table, and to my surprised the restaurant is fully booked.
 DSC_0427
 
 DSC_0426
The only table left is the little tiny bar, why not it might be fun. (To be honestly, the booking system is a bit weird, why would an restaurant leave the restaurant empty for a full 30 mins) See the little cute chicken? We are next! (nah we are eating right here) The menu is as the blackboard described, 4 meat and 1 vegetable dish. I am assuming it is different everyday. There is always pizza though…
 
DSC_0424
 
It is best to wait for your dishes with glass of beer… The selection here is surprisingly abundance. Many different european brand as well as Canadian locals. (ranging from 4~5, reasonable)
 
DSC_0435

The lamb rack is with yogurt mint sauce! The meat is perfectly tender, the medium rare lamb is without any gaming taste. The juicy lamb is accompanied with lamb sauce and tomato barley risotto. The combination brings out layers of lamb taste. The style is very distinguish. The risotto is mixed with tofu, a very Chinese style of cooking. Something to fill up your stomach but without the burden of over carb.
 
DSC_0433
 
The thin crush pizza is very extraodinary as well. Light crunchy pizza accompanied with light tomato sauce and many different Italian toppings.  I particularly enjoyed the tomato sauce because it is very light and just bring out the flavors of each topping without over powering. (球薊) 跟紅洋蔥與橄欖!
 
This Restaurant is definitely a try. With 19 dollar main and 12 dollar pizza, it gives wonderful flavor performance without hurting your wallet.

Worth the drive? Yes
Food 24/30
Service 22/30
Decoration 20/30

Grub on Urbanspoon


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment